Monday, October 20, 2014

My face hurts

Minimalist living is not an end in itself, but a means to an end. It is not about erasing the unnecessary, but about seeing what's left afterwards. Minimalist living points to the core of our identity, but it must not be mistaken as our primal goal. While ordinary people want to know what's in for them, the minimalist asks "what matters?". And finds that it is most likely for free and always available. Like smiling - which you can do anywhere and anytime. Today I did while walking through the city. And I do while writing this post. My cheeks even hurt by now. If somebody had asked me whether I won the lottery, I would have said "sort of". Because this is the holy grail of happiness. You do not need a reason to smile, and there is never a reason not to smile. Only when in Russia. Maybe they should read this article. Never mind. Get started now, you won't regret it! Except for the charley horse in your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment